Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An update - finally...

So I'm feeling pretty bad about how infrequently I post on this blog. I attached a great tool to our adoption profile (our other blog) so that I can see who visits it and where those visits come from. As a side effect, I get those results for this blog too. This blog had 40 hits in the last month! Which was down from the prior month. Meanwhile our adoption blog only had 1 hit :-( It's not like we are really hoping to adopt again right now, but we have this "old" situation hanging out there. Back in late January/early February on the same day as we got the call to be profiled for Colton, we also got an email from my sil saying that she had a friend who had a friend who was thinking about adoption. Our mom's quickly said, what if you get both babies. And we quickly replied that then we'd have two more babies. The odds were, of course, that neither situation would work out. That's just how adoption goes. You cast a wide net and hope something will work out eventually.

So it was on a Friday that we found out about both possible opportunities - one with our agency (Colton) and I'll call the other one a private situation. Well, by the following Wednesday we had been chosen to parent Colton. We couldn't have been happier. It was a very exciting and unexpected phone call - we still can't believe it! Then on Friday we got the sweetest email from this couple (the private situation) basically saying that they chose us too. The only thing was that they were just barely pregnant - maybe six weeks. We decided that it was just too much of a coincidence to let it go, so we replied that we were happy to get their email. We told them that we were expecting Colton any day, but that we would still be interested in their situation as well. We basically put the ball in their court figuring they were just as likely to say take a hike as anything else. Well, they didn't say take a hike, they said we still choose you! We were SO excited with two babies on the way. Our family would be complete!!! That weekend, Colton was born. We were also trying to arrange a phone conversation with this other couple. It was a very exciting weekend! I had several emails back and forth with the birthmom from this private situation and things seemed great. Then, all of a sudden, instead of a phone call, we found out that she had chosen a different option. I think it's my own fault for trying to solidify this connection through our friends - let's just say that I'm not sure that both bm and bd were on the same page here with how this connection was made. But honestly the whole thing sounded just too good to be true. We had pics of the birth parents and they are both absolutely stunning. They seemed to have the babies best interests at heart. They wanted an open adoption. It was a dream really. That's why I tried to make the connection - to be sure I was talking to the people that I thought I was talking to - a friend of a friend of a sil :o) Ooops!

So now, a couple of months later, I check out my stats on our profile page and I keep hoping to see that we have had a visit from the area where these birthparents live. The baby still isn't due for a few more months, so I guess you'd call it wishful thinking. I know we would be crazier than ever with a third little one, but not any crazier than parents of multiples. I don't have a very close connection to my sil's friend and she's friends with the bd not the bm. This means that any info I get is third hand and may only be one side of the story. It looks like bm plans to parent. I just hope that she's making that choice for all of the right reasons. If she changes her mind, we told her we'd always be an option. So until this fall passes with no baby news, we'll keep secretly hoping that we will have another new addition.

No comments: