Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our first glimpse into the future...

Last Thursday we got our first glimpse of days to come. I was at work - about to administer the January Integrated Algebra regents exam to a group of high schoolers, when my cell phone rang. It happened literally as someone was asking me how the adoption was going. I looked down to see birthmom's name on my phone. That always makes me smile, but at this time of day, it made my stomach drop. We are close enough now that any call could be THE call. We used to wait for THE call to be matched, now we wait for THE "I'm in labor" call.

Well, it wasn't exactly labor, but it was news that the doctor was worried about amniotic fluid levels and the size of the baby, so he requested an ultrasound. If things went well, then we would have some nice reassurance and if not, then we may be looking at an induction. Wow! We eagerly took the next day off of work and headed to the appointment. It was so amazing, yet again, to see Tyler on the big screen! I won't lie, it was much more challenging to get a good glimpse of him because he's SO much bigger these days. The ultrasound technician said that he looks very healthy, weighing about 6.5 lbs! All of the concern was for nothing. Birthmom is fine and Tyler is fine - what more can we ask for?

Following the appointment we had a nice lunch with birthmom and birthgrandma. It was so great to see them and spend some quality time together. Chris didn't attend birthing classes, so it had been a while for him - he couldn't believe the belly :-) What a great Friday afternoon we had! So, we are back to waiting again - it shouldn't be long now!


No comments: